The highlight of my day was finding out that my toddler can walk in heels better than me; that’s always humbling especially when the shoe is ten times too big. I once borrowed my roommates heels that were one size too big and was stumbling all over the place. I know my little lamb gets her impeccable balance from me, but her high heel walking skills are not for me! Since we’re on the subject of little lamb, I found a snack that she likes that’s loaded with fruit and veggies. Yes, my toddler eats mango salsa bruschetta for a snack.. I’m not even sorry.
Mango salsa bruschetta is easy and fast to prepare and makes a great appetizer for a summer party or a healthy snack for a toddler. Hopefully, your party guests don’t pick off one ingredient at a time and eat like little lamb does because that might look a little weird.. just saying.
- 2 ripe mangoes
- half of a red onion
- 1 cucumber diced
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- juice of one lime
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 medium tomato diced
- Take your peeled diced mango and place in a bowl with diced red onion, diced cucumber, cilantro, and diced tomato
- Squeeze a lime over your ingredients and add a dash of salt and pepper to taste
- Slice the baguette into 1/2 inch slices
- Drizzle slices with olive oil
- Place the baguette slices on a pan place in oven on boil till the edges turn brown
- Place a spoonful of mango salsa on top and it's ready to serve