My honey and I snack on popcorn almost every night, it’s a cheap, easy yummy snack and doesn’t have a load of calories… Depending on how you make it. My honey doesn’t stray away from his usual cheesy salty topping, but I gotta have some sweet with that salty savory flavor. As a child, I would always put cinnamon and sugar on top and let me just say it’s delicious, but lately I’ve been topping my popcorn with chocolate!!! I recently made peppermint hot cocoa crepes, so I decided to take that flavor and add it to my popcorn. This was probably a serious mistake! Remember that fast easy low-calorie snack well it just turned into a seriously good bedtime dessert snack.
1/2 cup of popcorn cornels
10 oz of white chocolate
2 cup of marshmellows
1/3 cup of hot cocoa mix
optional peppermint extract
1. Make your popcorn. We cook ours on the stove and tastes soooo much better than prepackaged microwave popcorn.
2. Place your popcorn in a large bowl or bag. Stir or shake around hot cocoa mix and marshmallows.
3. Melt chocolate in the microwave for about a minute
4. Add couple drops of peppermint extract to your chocolate
4. Place popcorn on a baking sheet and drizzle on chocolate