Halloween is right around the corner to my surprise. The nice fella bagging my groceries reminded me. My mother-in-law made our little man a cute Yoda outfit and just between us she may have altered a dog costume but hey it’s cute. I guess I need to start on little lambs R2D2 costume, but it wouldn’t be Halloween if I didn’t wait until the last minute.
Halloween for me is like the kickoff for the holidays. Once we get past Halloween time starts moving at warp speed. I think I’m ready…
Halloween also means candy. We love candy! However, I’m such a mean mom, I probably won’t let little lamb have any, but I’m not entirely a monster because I let her have some of this delicious orange chocolate cheesecake.
Seriously. My two favorite things chocolate and cheesecake with a little zest of an orange in this adorable orange jack-o-lantern.
Oh, did I forget to mention this delectable festive dessert is also a no bake? It doesn’t get any easier than a no-bake!
Orange jack-o-lanterns are fun and easy to create! Just slice the top off the orange, and then scoop out the inside of the orange, and carve a cute little face in the center!
- 7 oranges
- 1 1/2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup powered sugar
- 11 ounces cream cheese
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups cool whip, thawed
- zest of 1 orange
- Melt chocolate chips in saucepan or microwave on low heat
- Mix cream cheese, sugar, and butter together in electric mixer until smooth
- On a low setting pour in chocolate mixture until combined.
- Zest one whole orange in the mixture.
- Fold in cool whip until completely incorporated.
- Spoon or pipe in your orange jack-o-lantern.
- Cover and keep refrigerated until ready to serve.
- *recipe fills about 6 oranges but depends on the size of the orange
For more fun festive treats check these out!